Rundown of the EMT Certification Process in Arkansas
Emergency Medical Technicians need to get nationally certified in Arkansas. Being that Arkansas is an NREMT state, the candidate will need to appear for an examination that is conducted by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technician (NREMT). The exam comprises of two sections- the cognitive section includes a question paper consisting 70-120 questions, covering subject areas, like bleeding management, oxygenation, and ventilation, cardiology, etc, while the practical test examines the student’s capability to manage various emergency situations in a proper manner.
The main goal of Emergency Medical Technician certification is to ensure whether the EMT professional is capable of handling the trauma in the field.
What are the Requirements to Get EMT Certificate in Arkansas?
The general obligations that a candidate is ought to fulfill in order to get an EMT certificate in Arkansas are:
- The EMT should be 18 years of age or more.
- A state-approved EMT training program should be completed by the candidate.
- Passing the NREMT exam is also essential.
- A state-approved CPR training is required to be done by the candidate.
- The candidate must be a citizen of U.S. He/she may be asked to show proof of citizenship.
- You must be physically and mentally fit.
- Knowledge (read, write and speak) of English is another crucial requirement.
- A background check of the candidate is also necessary.
Special Requirements for EMT Certification
- An application along with the applicable fees is to be submitted by the candidate.
- A state-approved practical examination is also needed to be passed by the candidate.
What is the Process of EMT Certification?
The following steps will guide you about the entire EMT certification process in Arkansas:
Step 1: Training
Firstly, the student should successfully complete an EMT training course from a state-approved training center in Arkansas, which includes both the classroom, as well as practical internships.
Step 2: Apply for Certification
- The candidate needs to create an account on the NREMT website by clicking on “Create New Account”.
- Next step is creating a new application by clicking on “Create Initial Entry Application” in order to take the exam.
- Now, the candidate must pay his/her application fee as soon as the online application finishes off, though, it can also be paid later.
- Now, the candidate must check the status of his/her application by regularly logging into the website using his/her username and password. Check for “Authorization to Test” (ATT) Letter on the website’s homepage by clicking on “Check Initial Entry Application Status”.
- If the NREMT website has submitted the details of the candidate, then a link of “Submitted” will appear next to the link “Course Completion Verification”. It implies that your application is waiting for the approval by the education program director.
- However, if “Not Submitted” appears next to the option of “Application Payment”, it clearly means that the candidate needs to pay the fees before he/she receives the ATT Letter.
- After the payment, as well as the verification by the education program director, the candidate may print the ATT Letter, if the link appears as “Print ATT Letter”.
- Now, take out a print-out of your ATT Letter and plan a timetable of your NREMT exam. The ATT Letter will give the guidelines for scheduling the examination by using the Pearson VUE website.
The NREMT practical exams will be managed by the state-approved training programs.
Step 3: Background Check of the Candidate
A criminal background check of the candidate is also necessary if he/she is applying for the EMT certificate. The aspirant will be instructed on this by the class instructor. Other paperwork that you need to fulfill may differ from college to college.
EMS Training Schools in Arkansas:
- Arkansas State University
Address: 1000, Iowa Street, P.O. Box- 1000, Beebe, Arkansas- 72012-1000
Contact Number: (501) 882-3600
Fax: (501) 882-8970
- Arkansas Tech University
Address: Russellville, Arkansas- 72801
Contact Number: (479) 968-0389
- Black River Technical College
Address: 1410 Highway, 304 East, Pocahontas, Arkansas- 72455
Contact Number: 870-248-4000
Official Website: http://www.blackrivertech.org/
- National Park Community College
Address: 101, College Drive, Hot Springs, Arkansas- 71913
Contact Number: (501) 760-4222
- North Arkansas College
Address: 1515, Pioneer Drive, Harrison, Arkansas- 72601
Contact Number: (870) 743-3000
Fax: (870) 391-3250
- Northwest Arkansas Community College
Address: One College Drive, Bentonville, Arkansas
Contact Number: (479) 636-9222, (800) 995-6922
- Phillips Community College of University of Arkansas
Address: P.O. Box- 785, Helena, Arkansas- 72342
Contact Number: 870-338-6474
- The University of Arkansas at Monticello
Address: 346 University Drive, Monticello, Arkansas- 71656
Contact Number: 870-460-1026
- The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Address: 4301, West Markham, Little Rock, Arkansas- 72205
Contact Number: 501-686-7000
- University of Arkansas Community College at Hope
Address: 2500, South Main, Hope, Arkansas- 71802
Contact Number: 1-870-777-5722
- Arkansas Northeastern College
Address: 2501, South Division Street, Blytheville, Arkansas- 72315
Contact Number: 870-762-1020
Official Website: http://www.anc.edu/
- Arkansas State University
Address: 5504, Krueger Drive, Jonesboro, Arkansas- 72401
Contact Number: 870-932-2176
- South Arkansas Community College
Address: 300, South West Avenue, El Dorado, Arkansas- 71730
Contact Number: 870-862-8131
- Southeast Arkansas College
Address: 1900, Hazel Street, Pine Bluff, Arkansas- 71603
Contact Number: 870-543-5900
- University of Arkansas Community College at Batesville
Address: P.O. Box- 3350, Batesville, Arkansas- 72503
Contact Number: 870-612-2000
Arkansas EMT Contact Information: